Adult individuals, English speaking Expats and couples
Practice Focus: Counseling, Psychotherapy, Depth Psychology and Jungian Analysis
- Shorter term therapies using methods including CBT, anger management tools, relaxation and mindfulness techniques, goal oriented problem solving and adjustment issues for expats
- Addressing symptoms such as anxiety, depression, chronic pain, stress related disorders, insomnia, nightmares and other signs of discomfort and distress related to mental health
- Longer term, process oriented therapies including psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Jungian Analysis and Jungian Psychoanalysis: techniques involve working with unconscious conflicts, physical symptoms, dream interpretation, historical traumas reoccurring in current life situations, addressing the personal as well as Archetypal core of suffering and distress; this type of process work is also for those wishing to cultivate a relationship with their inner world to increase creativity and foster a spiritual connection to Self and the world
- Supportive Counseling for life transitions and grief work for loss
- Relationship Counseling
- Online consultation and Counseling is available when appropriate, as well as face to face counseling
- Client centered approach: starting where you are; phase of life concerns; wellbeing of body, mind and spirit in context of your current life situation, your work and your relationships
- Much of Kathy’s work over the past 30+ years has been helping clients heal from the impact of negative childhood experiences, the effects of inadequate or absent childhood attachments and developmental traumas.
Kathy has been doing phone and on-line consultation since 2005. Online counseling can work well for many people. It works well for people who are comfortable with video conferencing. It can be valuable to the frequent business traveler. It can be helpful for those living in isolated locations which prevent traveling to face to face meetings. It works well for the expat who knows they will be moving on to the next expat assignment, to maintain connection with the same Therapist over time. For expats repatriating to their own country, it can help with adjustment back into one’s own culture. For individuals, who for whatever reason, prefer to do sessions from the privacy of their own home, online counseling can be a good solution. However, everyone’s situation is unique. Please contact Kathy using the form below if you are interested to discuss your unique circumstances and to find out if online counseling can be an option for you.
Online consultation for supervision and personal analysis works well for some Training Candidates and Kathy has been providing this for a number of years. It has become a standard practice with many Institutes around the world as a means of meeting at least some portion of training requirements, whether that be individual analysis or supervision. Please check with your Institute or Training Program for specifics and regulations for how much of your supervision and/or individual analysis requirements can be met via on-line consultations.
On-line consultation and counseling is not appropriate for everyone or for every situation. If you are currently experiencing a crisis, actively suicidal, having suicidal thoughts or needing immediate assistance, please go to your local ER facility or contact a local hotline.